Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

It's Ridiculous

.





This sandwich, I mean. It's kind of ridiculous. We were sitting around the dining table one night, at dinner, & I had this idea for a sandwich. (What? You don't discuss food while eating food with your family?) I knew I wanted something along the lines of a Primanti Brothers sandwich, but a little different.

 A mayo-smeared roll topped with French fries, slices of fried chicken, prosciutto, avocado, shredded lettuce & tomato.

What a mess. What a delicious mess.

It wasn't exactly right: a spicy mayo or even spiced fries would improve things. And mashing the avocado would help structural integrity.

But it was good. (Alex & I, of course, had a similar sandwich using faux chicken & bacon).

Good, & let's face it: ridiculous. 


Labels: , , , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Charles Thomas said...

As a recent (and reluctant) vegetarian, what do you recommend for faux chicken? CUZ I IWANTZ THAT IN MAH BELLAH!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous ladygoat said...

Doesn't sound ridiculous to me! Sounds inspired!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Katherine C said...

Sounds delicious! And we talk about food lots round the dinner table. :)

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Charles - Hey, sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. I am such an absentee blogger these days.
I think I've tried just about every kind of veg chicken out there.
Lightlife does decent 'chicken' strips; you can usually find them in the cooler (not freezer) section of the store (near things like tofu, yogurt, etc).
As much as I enjoy the majority of Morningstar Farms' products, I'm not crazy about their version. The patties, nuggets & wings? Fantastic. The strips lack...something.
Earth Fare has what is, in my opinion, the best faux chicken around. They sell it in 2-3" flattish nuggets. I use it for everything: from fried chicken to soup, stir fry to banh mi. I'm guessing you don't have EF's in Eastern PA? They get it from this company (http://www.delightsoy.com/product.php); maybe you can track down a local source for it. Hope that helps!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

ladygoat; Ha---thanks!!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

KATHERINE!!!!

We think about you & Tom often; one day we'll actually get around to writing an email or even gasp! a letter to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker