Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not-so-Wild Blueberry Pie for Pie It Forward

.



Once upon a time, I suffered from an extreme case of yeastaphobia.

No breads for me. I avoided those packets of yeast like...well, you know. Scary stuff.

But then I found a recipe for focaccia from Jamie Oliver & viola! I was cured.

My pie-itis wasn't nearly as bad as my former yeastaphobia, but it was by no means pretty.
I was less resistant to treatment this time, though. And just when I needed help, along came Gesine Bullock-Prado with her brand new book Pie It Forward!

Just what the master baker ordered.

I made an apple pie using her Part Butter/Part Shortening Easy Pie Dough recently & it came out brilliantly.
Easy to work with, so flaky & buttery.
So of course I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book itself.

My copy came yesterday, just in time to try the Wild Blueberry Pie (the recipe is also accessible here, in video form).

The crust didn't come out quite as perfect as the previous attempt, but I think that was due to my rolling it too thin & extreme tiredness on my part.

Despite the fact that it's 58 degrees as I write this at 2:50 am on 14 March, I still had to rely on frozen rather than fresh berries, but I don't think anyone's going to complain.

Yeah...I thought I'd grabbed sanding sugar. It was a sparkling blue sugar instead. Ah, well...

If distance wasn't a factor, I'd Pie This Forward by giving it to one of the best people I've ever had the good fortune to know, the sister I finally have in my life, Cath. (Where's my Boom Tube?)

But that will have to wait until inter-dimensional time travel has been perfected (or we find the time to drive the five or so hours keeping us apart), so my in-laws will be leaving Alex's birthday party dinner tonight with a fresh Pi.
I mean...pie.

Labels: , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker