Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Irish breakfast dinner for St. Pat's

.



Forget stews or corned beef.

When we were in Ireland it was all about the breakfasts.

Wonderful, creamy eggs. Smoked salmon for Matt (just about every day). There were always potatoes, in some form.
And of course...the bread. Wonderful brown bread.

So that's what we made.

Eggs made the Nero Wolfe way: stirring constantly for a very, very long time.

Potatoes: baked potatoes cut into wedges, dipped in buttermilk then a mixture of flour, cayenne, salt & pepper (twice), then deep-fried.

Bangers for Matt. Yes, they're hard to find but I lucked out (The Vermont Country Store, I thank you).

And brown bread. Perfect, amazing bread with Kerrygold butter.

Mugs of Brigadoon tea from Adagio Teas...& it was almost like being back.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker